Aroha Chocolate® was founded by husband & wife team Jo Logan & Mike Duke (aka Wobblie).
Jo began making chocolate gifts for friends & family for special occasions & soon realised this was a passion she wished to persue.
“Our wish is you & your family enjoy our chocolate treats as much as we do.” Jo & Wobblie.
After becoming an Ecole Chocolat Certified Chocolatier by completing training both here in NZ & Canada, Jo continues to develop new & exciting techniques & taste sensations to deliver you with fresh confectionery delights.
Jo continues to evolve not just a product range but the skill set behind them.
Our chocolate is made in Belgium by the company Callebaut®, makers of the Finest Belgian chocolate.
The blend we use in our creations are farmed from some of West Africa’s cocoa
farms as part of Callebaut’s Sustainability Program, ensuring cocoa & the farmers
that harvest it are here for future generations.
Stockists, Markets & Online Ordering
You can order here on our site, where you have the advantages of our online store.
Features of online orders are:
- Custom order the flavour selection in your Truffle box.
- Select a prefered delivery date for future events.
- Have your order delivered nationwide.
- Send your order as a gift to a different address.
- Have a note added to your order as a gift.
- Create your own account so you can check on past orders or to place any future orders with your saved details are ready to go by just logging in.
You can also visit us at any of the local markets we attend or visit one of our stockist stores near you. Please check the map below for market & outlet locations.
If you would like to stock our products in your store please Contact us here.
Click on any of the location markers to know more about this store & the products they sell.
Red markers are regular Markets we attend.
Green markers are stockists.
The Nelson Market (Nelson)
If you are a business looking at supplying your clients with a fantastic gift to say thank you, we have you covered.
To know more on pricing & what we can offer, please fill in your details below and we can tailor a package for you.
We can also offer a gift card addition to our range, where we can attach or insert your supplied gift cards to our products.
Click here to contact us with your requirements.
Accommodation & Event Range
We offer a range of products specially designed for the accommodation industry & special events.
These lines are tailored to the likes of B&B's, Home-stays, Resorts, Weddings etc.
To find out more and pricing please click "Show: Enquiry Form" below to send us your requirements and we will send you further details.
Click here to contact us with your requirements.
* Please Note: We can only ship to physical addresses not P.O. Boxes.
Our postage & handling fees are:
FREE New Zealand Shipping for orders of $40 or over.
Nelson Region - $2.00 (usually 1-2 days*) (Includes Blenheim & non-rural Tasman areas)
NZ Wide-Urban - $5.00 (usually 2-3 days*)
NZ Wide-Rural - $10.00 (usually 3-4 days*)
International Shipping is currently available, however if your are interested in having our products delivered to another country please contact us.
* We cannot guarantee delivery times or days after passing your order on to the courier company, however we will pass on a tracking number for you to follow your order.
Our orders are usually dispatched Monday to Wednesday depending on the destination to help ensure delivery by Friday so your order does not sit in a depot for the weekend.
Please contact us if your order takes longer than the posted delivery guides above or if your order arrives in a non-optimal condition.
Website Shipping Features:
1. During the check out process you an request a preferred date to have your order arrive, which is a great way to preorder your gifts for Birthdays, Christmas etc.*
2. You can have your chocolates shipped to a different address and even include a personal note inside the packaging.
Quality & Allergens
Aroha Chocolate pride ourselves on producing high quality products, their motto is "If you are not happy with our product let us know, if you are happy please tell a friend."
If you are not satisfied with our products for any other reason please contact us with any details as to what was wrong.
A lot of our range is Gluten Free, in that non of the ingredients used in the manufacture of that product is known to contain Gluten.
However all our Gluten Free & non-Gluten Free are produced in the same environment. We do our best to avoid contact between Gluten & Gluten Free products but like to have you aware of this.
Our Truffles are made with a wheat based glucose which from multiple celiac sites (linked below) & from celiacs we have spoken with state it has been processed to below any danger level. Sites for more details on Gluten: Healthy Eating Advisory Service - Celiac Disease Foundataion - Food Standards
Any of our range that states it as Dairy Free are produced in the same environment as dairy products. We do our best to avoid contact between dairy & non-dairy products but like to have you aware of this.
Any of our range that states it as vegan are produced in the same environment as non-vegan products. We do our best to avoid contact between these products but like to have you aware of this.
Rocky Road Tips
Show: Rocky Road tips
During the summer months you can have your Rocky Road as a refreshing cold treat.
Simply place your sealed bag of Rocky Road in to the freezer.
By freezing it the Rocky Road becomes brittle but not completely solid, becoming a crunchy delight.
Then when you are ready for a cool treat you can grab a piece.
Chilli Hot Chocolate
Show: Chilli Hot Chocolate tips
1. Before opening your Chilli Hot Chocolate, shake the bag to ensure an even mix.
2. The longer you allow the chocolate to infuse in the milk the richer it will become.
3. If you make too much up you can, leave it to cool and then pour it into a container & refrigerate.
(remember to let it cool first and do not keep after the milks use by date.)
4. This drink can be topped off with your favourite toppings like whipped cream or marshmallows